Delicious fried eggs in the air fryer are both easy and really tasty as a breakfast or quick lunch on a piece of rye bread. Read on and get our recipe for making air fryer fried eggs.
Why make eggs in the air fryer?
We love making most kinds of food in our air fryer. It’s really easy, and you don’t have to keep an eye on the food once it’s cooking.
Just add the eggs, close the drawer, set the time and temperature, and it will tell you when the eggs are done.
It doesn’t get much easier than that.
Eggs – Just ordinary fresh eggs.
Oil – You need a little oil to spray in the bottom of the basket and also for the mold if you use one. We often make bacon in the air fryer first and then fry the eggs directly in the bacon fat.
How to make air fryer fried eggs?
It’s really easy to fry eggs in the air fryer.
It’s a good idea to preheat the air fryer before adding the eggs. Then pour the eggs directly into the bottom. You can use a silicone mold, a small pie dish, or a ramekin if you want to separate the eggs. We often just let them “grow together” and then cut them after cooking. But if you want the eggs separated, you can use a mold.
When the air fryer is hot, crack the eggs into the bottom of the drawer and close it immediately. Give the eggs 4-5 minutes, depending on how firm you want the yolk.
I usually give them 4 minutes in a hot air fryer when I make 2-3 eggs of size M/L. Then I get a completely firm egg white while the yolk is still slightly runny. If you want a firmer yolk or have very large eggs, you should probably give them 5 minutes, but keep an eye on the eggs along the way if you’re not sure.
Season the eggs with salt and pepper and serve with chives and crispy bacon.
Find the full recipe further down this page.
Frequently asked questions
You can make as many as you can fit in the bottom of your air fryer. It doesn’t matter if they grow together, you can just take them all out and cut them apart afterward. However, cooking time may vary slightly if you make many at once. We often make 8 at a time, and it works fine in our Cosori Dualblaze.
Other air fryer recipes you might like
- Air fryer scalloped potatoes
- Air fryer crispy bacon
- Air fryer crispy chicken
- Air fryer whole chicken
- Air fryer pork belly
Tips and tricks for the recipe
- Remember to season the finished eggs with salt, pepper, and maybe a few chives.
- Preheat the air fryer before adding the eggs, so it’s easier to get the egg white ready before the yolk becomes too hard. We like a slightly runny egg yolk in our fried eggs.
- Serve with crispy bacon, which you can also make in the air fryer.
- Serve as a lunch with a slice of rye bread and some tomatoes.
- Are you having the eggs for breakfast? Also try making bacon in the air fryer as a side dish. Fry the bacon first, and then you can fry your eggs directly in the bacon fat.
Do you love cooking in your air fryer?Then you should also try our recipe for Air fryer scalloped potatoes
Recipe for fried eggs in the air fryer
Here is our recipe for delicious and easy fried eggs in the air fryer. It’s an easy way to quickly make a good breakfast or lunch for the whole family, and you don’t have to keep an eye on the eggs once you know how long they need in your air fryer.
We hope you feel inspired to try the recipe and make fried eggs in your air fryer.
Air fryer fried eggs
- 2 eggs
- Olive oil spray
Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with olive oil and place the basket in the air fryer.Olive oil
- Turn on the machine at 180℃ (365 degrees F) and set the time for 2 minutes. Close the drawer and start the air fryer to heat up.
While the machine is heating up, crack the eggs into a bowl.2 eggs
- When the air fryer is hot, pour the eggs into the bottom of the air fryer. Set the air fryer to 180℃ (365 degrees F) and 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, you’ll have delicious sunny-side-up eggs with a firm white and a runny yolk. If you want a firmer yolk, you can cook them for an additional minute.
Season the finished eggs with salt and pepper and serve immediately.Salt, Pepper
- NOTE: Air fryers can vary greatly. This recipe was made using our Cosori Dualblaze, and 4 minutes is perfect for eggs when the air fryer is hot. If you have a different model, you may need to adjust the cooking time. Watch the eggs closely the first time you make this recipe to determine the best cooking time for your machine and desired egg doneness.
How do you like the recipe?
Have you tried this recipe? We’d love to hear what you think of it. Leave a comment, add a number of stars to the recipe and share your photo on Instagram with #madformadelskere – We love seeing your dishes ♥️
Also, sign up for our Facebook group where you can show pictures of the delicious food you make! You can find the Facebook group here