Sometimes dinner just needs to be simple, uncomplicated, quick to make, and maybe even cheap. This dish fits into all the categories, and then ground beef fried rice even tastes absolutely amazing. It’s a super dish at the end of the month when the wallet is about to be empty, or if you have any leftovers of cooked rice from the day before. Read along here and get the recipe.
This dish is both an easy, quick, and cheap dinner.
It’s an easy dish to make, you do not have to be a chef if you just follow the recipe below. The children at home are happy with the dish, yes we adults are too, and then it does really well as lunch or packed lunch the next day.
Therefore, it also pays off to make a little extra.
Fried rice can be made in many ways, here is a simple version with minced beef, which is something many of us always have in the freezer. Therefore, it is easy and quick to pick up a packet and fry it in the pan along with rice, vegetables, and other delicious things.
We like our fried rice with eggs, it gives a little extra fullness and then the dish just gets a little more cohesive. In addition, you can use the vegetables you have in the fridge.
Basmati rice – The rice should be cooked and cold. You can advantageously use leftover rice from dinner the day before.
Ground beef – You can also make the dish with other types of minced meat for example chicken or pork if you like.
Garlic – Gives good taste to the dish.
Bell peppers – Green and red bell peppers are used here, but you can easily add other vegetables as well.
Sauce – The sauce consists of hoisin, soy, and sweet chili. It gives a perfectly balanced taste to the dish. You can of course add more and season as you like best.
Cumin – If you like it and have it in the cabinet. Can be skipped.
Eggs – Gives fullness and makes the dish stick together.
How to make ground beef fried rice?
Fortunately, it’s super easy to make all kinds of fried rice, also this version with mince.
The first thing you need to do is boil and cool down the rice if you do not have leftovers that are already cold. You can advantageously do it earlier in the day, so they are completely cold when they are to be used.
Then sauté the garlic in the oil before browning the meat. Then add the rice. When everything is well cooked, add the vegetables, and then they must be fried well before the eggs are turned in the dish.
Finally, the sauces should go in, and then you just need to taste, season, and serve the dish.
Find the full recipe further down this page.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can. For example, try fried rice with chicken or fried rice with shrimp instead. You can use all kinds of meat, or make a vegetarian version if you like.
You can use exactly the vegetables you like best. Spring onions, mushrooms, onions, or broccoli work really well, but you can use the vegetables you have left in the fridge.
Yes, the leftovers can be eaten cold the next day or heated in the microwave. It’s a delicious and easy lunch, so do not throw away the leftovers.
Other recipes you might like
- Danish turkey stew
- Garlic naan bread
- Curried cabbage and chicken
- Danish hash (biksemad)
- Frikadeller – Danish meatballs
Tips and tricks for ground beef fried rice
- Use the vegetables you have in the fridge at the end of the week, it is a wonderful way to not waste any food, as well as the remnants of the rice from dinner the day before can also be used.
- Add extra soy, hoisin, and chili if you want more strength in the taste, this version is made so that both children and adults can eat it.
- Eat it as it is, possibly with bread or a portion of snack vegetables.
- Save the leftovers and take them with you on the packed lunch the next day. They can be eaten cold or heated in the microwave.
Recipe for easy fried rice with minced beef
Here is our recipe for fried rice, here with ground beef. It is a fantastic easy everyday dish with minced beef, which is something most of us appreciate on a busy day.
The dish is extremely suitable as a family meal, and the leftovers can be eaten for lunch or included in the packed lunch the next day. We like to serve it with sweet chili sauce on the side, and maybe ketchup for the kids as well as a bowl of extra snack greens. In addition, we can think of eating some bread, but it is actually not necessary, as the dish satisfies well in itself.
Ground beef fried rice
- 4 dl basmati rice
- 500 g ground beef
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 pinch crushed cumin can be omitted
- Start by boiling the rice according to the instructions on the package. Be sure to rinse the rice thoroughly before cooking. You can also easily use leftovers if you have rice left over. Set the cooked rice aside.
- Cut the garlic into thin slices. Clean the bell peppers and cut them into cubes.
- In a large pan or wok, heat the oil and add the garlic. Fry over low heat until they have added lots of flavor to the oil. Pick up the garlic and set it aside.
- In the same oil, brown the ground beef over high heat. When the meat is browned, add the cooked rice. Be sure to turn it round all the time so the rice does not burn on. Fry it further approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the bell peppers and the garlic you took up from the oil. Mix it all thoroughly and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Scrape the rice away from a corner and crack the eggs out on the pan. Turn the eggs around and mix them with the rice. Mix soy and hoisin as well as sweet chili sauce in and turn it all over, fry it another few minutes. Season with salt, pepper, and possibly a little cumin.
- Serve it served on plates or put the pan on the table.
How do you like the recipe?
Have you tried this recipe? We’d love to hear what you think of it. Leave a comment, add a number of stars to the recipe and share your photo on Instagram with #madformadelskere – We love seeing your dishes ♥️
Also, sign up for our Facebook group where you can show pictures of the delicious food you make! You can find the Facebook group here